Friday, September 30, 2011

1970s Yves Saint Laurent rive gauche

Sometimes it is hard not to play favorites with the dresses that come into RARE vintage - after all, I don't want to offend any of my babies, I love all my children!  But then a dress comes in and I can't help it: we have to immediately take whatever happen to be on our Schleppi mannequin and replace it with my new favorite.  

This rust colored silk jersey dress from Yves Saint Laurent rive gauche with gold leather straps and a back that plunges down to there is my new favorite...


It is slightly Grecian in feeling but all 1970s Parisian.  Think Betty Catroux, Loulou de la Falaise, Marina Schiano... you know, all of the slinky IT girls that were drawn to Saint Laurent like a group of glittering butterflies to YSL's incredible flame.




Red hot and smoking!  1970s YSL rive gauche dress with gold straps.  Size 2/4 (and that boys and girls is the only reason this baby is not hanging in my closet right now!)

PURCHASE

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails