Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Arted-up Hermes!

I have always considered fashion an art form - although, most certainly, not all fashion is art - there are a few artists creating (or who have created) mind boggling beautiful and intricate work that sets our imaginations soaring and our hearts pounding from their pure beauty and artisanship. 

And then there are also designers who collaborate with artists like, famously,  Elsa Schiaparelli and Salvador Dali. There is a new trend (or the beginning of a new trend) for Arted-up Birkins and I have to say I really love it and think it makes a great gift...  hint, hint : )

It all started with Kim Kardashian. Sccccrrratch!  I know.  But - and a big but here ; ) I think Kanye West gave her an amazing Christmas gift with a George Condo painted ginormous Birkin.

Kim Kardashian's George Condo painted Birkin

I love it and although I would never choose that size because it looks more like luggage and less like a bag - the painting and the thought is just incredible.

And in the recent fashion weeks, in some city, I have forgotten which one, I saw this other arted-up Birkin...


love, kisses and arted-up Hermes, Juliana

1 comment:

  1. Condo is one of my favorites, he makes me smile! so I would easily fall over for this bag!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails