Friday, April 18, 2014

Dream Cars: Rita Hayworth's Ghia Cadillac

One of my first cars was a Toyota something or other and every time I opened the door, slightly depressed, I thought: this car does not represent who I am.  Cars, like clothing, express who you are.  And cars, like clothing, can be an expression of both practicality and dreams. 

Since then I have owned a BMW 5 series and probably my favorite car, an Audi S6 station wagon - yes, a station wagon.  But this Audi station wagon was a Beast!  Black on black and with awesome 340 horsepower.  0 to 60 in a few seconds and very satisfying for merging on the LIE. Now, I have a BMW X5 and while I love it because, in world of potholes, it makes driving in Manhattan a little easier and it is a SUV with some attitude.  

But I am always looking, always dreaming about my dream car... sometimes it is the Fiat Gucci 500 but then I am not really sure that that kind of flash is really me either and I have two children, two dogs, one bunny and a husband and a whole lot of stuff I am usually dragging from New York to Long Island and back again.  Thank goodness our fish, Bubble 07, can stay in New York...

I really kind of love muscle cars and to my son's delight I rented a Challenger when I was in Los Angeles recently - but then my son was super annoyed when he realized I passed on a Camaro.  But I loved the Challenger in white and it was really fun driving it around in LA. And the parking valets were always happy to get 'The Stallion' for a girl.  

So about Dream Cars.  Rita Hayworth.  The Bombshell who married the Aga Kahn who bought his wife a white Ghia Cadillac circa 1950s .  The Rita Hayworth Cadillac is now a deep candy-apple red and was restored and exhibited at the LaJolla Concours.  Vintage car chic...  is it me?  Is it you?  I guess like any horse with some horsepower, maybe we need a stable...


Special thanks to my husband who showed me Rita Hayworth's car and most certainly did not approve this post... : )

love, kisses and what dream cars may come, Juliana


2 comments:

  1. Thanks very much for this great article;this is the stuff that keeps me going through out these day. Sport classic car Garage for sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Cars, like clothing, express who you are. And cars, like clothing, can be an expression of both practicality and dreams.” - I definitely agree! Whatever you’re driving reflects your personality. It can show if you’re fierce, a vintage chic, or someone who just wants a car that works. Hehe! Anyway, I hope you’ll be able to get your dream car in the future. :)

    Sarah Erwin

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails